Before applying it is recommended that all those interested read the two main scheme documents:
It is also advised that you visit the website of the appointed Certification Body, which will contain the application form, their contact details and the charges that you will need to pay. The appointed Certification Body is: Aardvark Certification Limited. If you have questions or need help at any stage of the process, please discuss this with Aardvark Certification Limited, who can provide clarification of the process and ensure you have all the information needed.
Any operator of an anaerobic digestion (AD) plant is eligible to apply for their plant to be certified, regardless of size, with the exception of those in the sewage treatment sector. Scheme eligibility is explained further in the Scheme Rules document.
Applying to the scheme is simple, just follow these steps
- Check that you are ready. Review the scheme criteria and think about the evidence you’ll need to supply.
- Download the application form from the Certification Body’s website.
- Complete the form and submit it to the Certification Body, along with your application fee.
- The Certification Body will then contact you and inform you of your scheme application number.
- Your auditor will request information and undertake a desk-based review. They will also arrange a date for the site audit.
- Your plant will undergo a site audit and a full report will be compiled.
- The Certification Body will inform you of the outcome, including provision of a full report with any recommendations.
- If your plant passed, you will be provided with a certificate and right to use the scheme logo. You’ll also have access to an exclusive insurance product through Jelf
- If you were unsuccessful, the Certification Body may set out a timeframe for improvements to help you address non-conformances.